Getting Started in Security
(MP3 format - run time: 49:57)
download free audio sample
(MP3 format - run time: 0:58)
Simply click the link or to download, right click the link and select 'Save Target As' or 'Save Link As'
Getting Started in Security addresses all the right stuff you need to know to kick off your career in information security. I share with you my practical, helpful, and proven ideas that will help you make better decisions to set yourself up for success in your career moving forward.
In this audio program, you'll learn:
- Insight into the security job market
- The actions you need to take to get rolling down the right path
- How you can go from being a jack-of-all-trades in IT to specializing in security
- The pros and cons of security certifications, degrees, and hands-on experience
- What employers are really looking for in security professionals
- How to get your foot in the door to get the experience you need
- The best ways to go about getting your ideal job
- Essential elements for getting to the next level and making your career in security really take off
Here's what people have already said about Getting Started in Security:
- "I have listened to your audio program around getting started in
information security. I enjoyed it very much and afterward immediately
went back to your website to check for the next installment. That's no
exaggeration. I can't tell you how many conferences over the years
I've gone to where I've come back with no real knowledge (perhaps
they were either too high-level or too detailed). In my current role in
IT Compliance, and with budget cuts, finding the 'right' educational
programs that actually add value is a necessity - it will be what
ultimately separates me from my peers. Tthis really is a new paradigm
for me, from just getting CPE or 'taking a trip' for training to one more
focused on actually being able to add value - and keeping/finding a job."
Walt C. Atlanta, GA
- "Kevin notes all of the resources you can use to be in the information security field. I felt uplifted and ready to tackle some new challenges after listening to his lecture. Do yourself a favor and try it. The man is a very good speaker. He articulates very well and keeps moving without using the word uhm."
R. Arrison, Philadelphia, PA
- "Well done - great material and the production is very professional."
J. Gibbs, Portland, OR
- "Just what you need to know to get started in information security. You're not going to find this information anywhere else."
C. Belcher, Anniston, AL
- "Motivational, upbeat, excellent speaker, and quite knowledgeable."
K. Seedes, Philadelphia, PA
Take your information security career to the next level and learn
need to know to
get ahead in this field. It'll be $19.95 well-invested.
You will be re-directed to PayPal's
you can pay by credit card
(Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover)
or through your PayPal account.
you pay, the MP3 file will be available
for immediate download.
Click here to return to the Security On Wheels home page.
become information security expert, getting started in security, get started in security, information security career, information security podcast, information security audiobook, information security audio book